24 Sep Video Editor – Permanent Position
Our client, the new digital division of the world’s largest independent producer of multi platform entertainment, are looking for a talented and highly motivated Video Editor to help work on digital video projects and assist their other editors and production staff. The skills needed may vary between both video editing and design. The ideal candidate will have both, however applicants that show skills in either will be considered.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Clipping videos on Final Cut Pro 7 across all current existing YouTube channels.
– Exporting and preparing video for web.
– Working with producers to cut sketches and short films (multi camera edits) – a good knowledge of cutting for YouTube and digital platforms is desirable.
– Log and capture all footage off camera and prepare for edit – Data Wrangling.
– Assemble rough cuts and assist other editors when needed.
– Convert footage into different digital formats.
– Media Management.
– Uploading onto Youtube and creating GFX such as thumbnails and banners using Photoshop.
Ideal Candidate Competencies
– Good communication skills, and be able to work effectively with all members of the production team.
– Willing to work hard and put in additional hours when required.
– Can work under pressure and to very tight deadlines to turn videos around in a matter of hours.
– Has a passion for video, You Tube and other online platforms and has a grasp of how online content is produced and cut.
– Comfortable in FCP7 and Photoshop. After Effects is desirable but not mandatory.
– Is comfortable using Mac.
– Has an understanding of the technical processes involved in content production, including camera, lighting and sound – desirable but not essential.
– A good understanding of codecs.
Location: West London
Please click here to apply